Everybody has their unique way to process information into their head and out of their mouth (lol don’t want to gross you out) but for parents it is specially important to know so, they can change their indigenous teaching manners. What is my childs’ aspirations & what is his/her learning style? I must find out…….
As a child I have undergone a lot of BASHING & SLAPPING from my mother which worked for me
Miraculously well in memorising time tables and all that educational jazz. But when my mother used the same strategy on my sister who unfortunately, used to forget everything and here we go, start from the beginning encore. Hence, I do not agree with the Traditional Chinese Parent’s Teaching Approach at all.So throw this lack of learning frustration out of our windows; change we must obtain.
Why Is It Important To Understand Your Learning Style
It gives you a head start that in what subject you are good and what your brain picks up much more quicker. I understand visuals far more easily than Mathematical figures but it doesn’t mean that I should give up on Maths. But I would need more practice to get it through my veins. I just need to train my brain.
Once you know you what are you good at picking up; visuals or logical. You can stick to that style. Like I always stick pictures and short notes in long and boring essays which aid me to grasp everything in short span of time. So, nice and easy gone in to my head & stayed put. You are just using your brain at its best.
Lastly, if I haven’t convinced you until the end of this Blog then, excuse my crap Logical skills.
The Seven Learning Styles:
- Visual (spatial): You prefer using pictures, images, and spatial understanding.
- Aural (auditory-musical): You prefer using sound and music.
- Verbal (linguistic): You prefer using words, both in speech and writing.
- Physical (kinesthetic): You prefer using your body, hands and sense of touch.
- Logical (mathematical): You prefer using logic, reasoning and systems.
- Social (interpersonal): You prefer to learn in groups or with other people.
- Solitary (intrapersonal): You prefer to work alone and use self-study.
EducationPlanner.org has posted a really good multiple choice questionnaire on their website. It has 20 questions and can be done in 2 mins. max.
I knew what I would get in my result but there was a suggestion too. That always sit in the front of the class to limit distractions and silly it may sound but I always sit on the front desk no matter what!
website linked below:
Bonne Chance !