I am keeping 8 resolutions for Ramadan i.e. 9th Month of Islamic Calender and inshallah I will be abiding them to the fullest.
1. Salat (prayer): The first pillar of Islam and what I want to do is to pray 5 times and inshallah on time. I am not gonna lie, Isha time starts at 11:00 pm in UK which for me is very difficult to awake until. So, keeping up with the salats’ is a MUST for me.
2. Pray Tarawih : we should pray 20 ra’kaat Tarawih but I’m gonna try to pray minimum 8 ra’kaat. (don’t judge me I’m trying….)
3. Pray Tahajjud : Though I have missed my today’s Tahajjud but inshallah I’m gonna pray the entire month.
4. Swam (fasting) : Abstain from food, struggle through dehydration & headaches plus keeping calm at the same time; no doubt the hardest part of this month but when we keep our faith and hope for the best return from Allah, we come out strong. During every Salat I’m gonna remind myself that I am fasting for the sake of Allah which will make me really happy. Alhamdulilah inshallah.
5. Zakat : No matter how little or how big we have to offer keeping our intentions & hopes for it’s acceptance should be the main key. Just think you are depositing this money to survive in, the Hereafter.
6. Reading Quran : I see my parents and grandparents reading Quran for the peace & forgiveness of our forefathers but I will be a little selfish here, I will be reading Quran for my forgiveness and good future. (I hope Allah accepts it).
7. Tasbih(dikr) : This the easiest & joyest thing of my life. my Lord accept my Tasbih and help me in increaing the Zikr of my Lord. I usually say:
لا إلهَ إلا أنتَ سُبْحَانَكَ إِنِّي كُنْتُ مِنَ الظّالِمِيْنَ
سُبحَانَ اللّهِ وَ بِحَمْدِهِ ، سُبحَانَ اللّهِ الْعَظِيم
Inshallah I’m planning to say Al-Fatiha 100 times everyday. It sounds difficult but trust me it doesn’t take longer than 10 minutes.
8. Lose weight : The biggest challenge of my life is to lose weight. Since, I am a big eater, can never survive hunger pangs moreover, I end up gaining more weight in Ramadan. So, already accepted this challenge by noting down my weight lol and it will be followed up by 5 minutes of stretching exercises and 15 mins of daily walking. I pretty hopeful!
In the end, I pray from Allah that please accept our prayers and good inetntions in this Holy Month of Ramadan. For sure my Lord is the Most Forgiving & Most Kind.
If you have any suggestions for me please leave a comment and remember me in your prayers.